100首最美的英文诗
Bright star, would I were steadfast as thou art-- not in lone splendour hung aloft the night and watching, with eternal lids apart. Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite.
明亮的星星,但愿我能如你坚定--但并非孤独地在夜空闪烁高悬,睁着一双永不合拢的眼睛。犹如苦修的隐士彻夜无眠。
The moving waters at their priestlike task of pure ablution round earth's human shores.
凝视海水冲洗尘世的崖岸,好似牧师行施净体的沐浴。
Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask Of snow upon the mountains and the moors-- no-yet still steadfast, still unchangeable.
或正俯瞰下界的荒原与群山被遮盖在轻轻飘落的雪罩里---并非这样--却永远坚定如故。
Pillow'd upon my fair love's ripening breast, to feel for ever its soft fall and swell, awake for ever in a sweet unrest.
枕卧在我美丽的爱人的胸膛,永远能感到它的轻轻的起伏,永远清醒,在甜蜜的不安中。
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath, and so live ever---or else swoon to death
永远、永远听着她轻柔的呼吸,永远这样生活---或昏厥而死去。
Down by the Salley Gardens, my love and I did meet.
我曾和我的挚爱相遇在莎园中。
She passed the Salley Gardens, with little snow-white feet.
她踏著雪白的纤纤玉足,轻轻走过莎园。
She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree.
她要我简单的追求真爱,就像大树长出树叶一般自然。
But I being young and foolish, with her would not agree.
但我是那么的年轻愚笨,从来没有听从过她的心声。
In a field by the river, my love and I did stand.
我曾和我的挚爱并肩伫立在河畔的旷野上。
And on my leaning shoulder, She laid her snow-white hand.
她把她嫩白的小手,搭在我那微微倾斜的肩膀上。
She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs.
她要我简单的去生活,就像那生长在河畔的韧草一般。
But I was young and foolish, and now I'm full of tears.
但我是那么的年轻愚笨,现在唯有泪水涟涟,感怀满襟。
The sea is calm tonight.
今晚,海上风平浪静。
The tide is full, the moon lies fair Upon the straits;
潮水正满,皎洁的月光洒在海峡上;
On the French coast the light gleams and is gone;
法兰西海岸,灯火闪烁;
The cliffs of England stand; Glimmering and vast, out in the tranquil bay.
英格兰崖壁陡峭,高高耸立静谧的海湾, 一望无际,微光闪闪。
Come to the window, sweet is the night-air!
走到窗前,夜色如此甘甜!
Only, from the long line of spray where the sea meets the moon-blanched land.
月色中苍白的大地与海相接,孤寂的长岸浪花飞溅。
Listen! you hear the grating roar of pebbles which the waves draw back, and fling, at their return, up the high strand, begin, and cease, and then again begin, with tremulous cadence slow, and bring the eternal note of sadness in.
听啊,听那聒噪吼叫, 巨浪把卵石翻卷,一次次拉回海底,一次次又抛向高滩。 反复循环,相继不断,那节奏舒缓,那旋律震颤,这永恒的曲调饱含悲切哀怨。
Sophocles long ago,heard it on the Aegean, and it brought into his mind the turbid ebb and flow Of human misery;
古代的诗人索弗克斯, 在爱琴海上也曾聆听过这涛声的咏叹。由这混杂的潮汐, 想到人世的苦难。
We find also in the sound a thought, Hearing it by this distant northern sea.
如今,在这遥远的北海倾听, 我们的心感到同样震撼。
The Sea of Faith was once, too, at the full, and round earth's shore lay like the folds of a bright girdle furled.
信仰之海啊, 曾几何时,大潮涨满, 遍布整个世界, 飞舞彩带,闪耀光环。
But now I only hear its melancholy, long, withdrawing roar, retreating, to the breath Of the night-wind, down the vast edges drear and naked shingles of the world.
可是现在,还能听到什么? 只剩下悲伤悠长的呼喊, 潮声退落成晚风的呜咽, 直到世界沙石裸露,广漠的边际一片昏暗。
Ah, love, let us be true to one another!
让我们彼此真诚相爱!
For the world, which seems to lie before us like a land of dreams, so various, so beautiful, so new, Hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain;
看这眼前的世界, 处处如梦似幻, 似乎美好、新奇、灿烂, 可是既无欢乐、光明、爱恋, 又无诚信、和平、慈善;
And we are here as on a darkling plain swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight, where ignorant armies clash by night.
我们身处漆黑的莽原, 争斗、逃亡、惶恐、纷乱, 黑夜里愚蠢的军队厮杀纠缠。
by John Keats
约翰·济慈
Oh what can ail thee,knight-at-arms
骑士啊您为何哀伤
Alone and palely loitering?
孤独彷徨 悲伤烦扰
The sedge has withered from the lake
湖中之草都已枯败
And no birds sing
鸟儿 也匿声了
Oh what can ail thee, knight-at-arms so haggard and so woe-begone?
骑士啊您为何哀伤,如此憔悴,如此懊恼
The squirrel's granary is full and the harvest's done
食物堆满松鼠粮仓,丰收时节都结束了
I see a lily on thy brow
您的眉眼间绽放一朵百合
With anguish moist and fever dew
湿热悲苦的露珠于其间垂缀
And on thy cheek a fading rose
您的脸庞上有支凋零玫瑰
Fast withereth too
转瞬间枯萎
I met a lady in the meads
我邂逅美人于那绿坪之上
Full beautiful--a faery's child
她定是精灵之女啊美得这般无暇
Her hair was long, her foot was light
曼长的秀发轻盈的步伐
And her eyes were wild
狂野之光在她眸间闪亮
I made a garland for her head
我用鲜花为她做成花冠
And bracelets too, and fragrant zone
手镯还有那芳香的束腰
She looked at me as she did love
她凝神看我仿佛满眼爱意
And made sweet moan
她温柔叹息如有甜蜜愁哀
I set her on my pacing steed
我抱她上马
And nothing else saw all day long
一整日啊再看不到其他
For sidelong would she bend, and sing
眼里只见她那侧身的模样
A faery's song
耳中只闻她唱的妖灵歌谣
She found me roots of relish sweet
她为我采集甜美草根
And honey wild, and manna dew
吗哪甘露、野生蜂蜜
And sure in language strange she said
她所说言语也甚奇
"I love thee true."
“我爱你,全心全意”
She took me to her elfin grot
她引我进那妖精洞穴
And there she wept and sighed full sore
于此,她凄凄落泪她哀哀感伤
And there I shut her wild eyes
于此,那双狂野之眼啊
With kisses four
被我以吻合上
And there she lulled me asleep
于此 她诱我魂入梦土
And there I dreamed--ah! woe betide!
啊正是于此!哀痛来袭
The latest dream I ever dreamed
我最近一次沉入梦境
On the cold hill's side
就在那 冰冷的山坡之侧
I saw pale kings and princes too
我目睹诸多面色苍白的国王、王子
Pale warriors, death-pale were they all
与骑士;他们全苍白得如僵尸白骨
They cried--"La Belle Dame sans Merci
他们都在嘶喊:那个冷酷的女子啊
Hath thee in thrall!"
已经囚你为奴!
I saw their starved lips in the gloam
我目睹他们那些咧开的枯唇
With horrid warning gaped wide
嘴里全是 悚骇警言
And I awoke and found me here
尔后我便惊醒 发现自己
On the cold hill's side
已在这 冰冷的山坡之侧
And this is why I sojourn here
于是我徘徊此地
Alone and palely loitering
孤独彷徨 悲伤烦恼
Though the sedge is withered from the lake
纵然湖中之草都已枯败
And no birds sing
纵然鸟儿 也匿声了
Your Name
你的名字
Jessica Blade
杰西卡.布莱德
I wrote your name in the sky,
我把你的名字写在蓝天,
but the wind blew it away.
可风却把它吹散;
I wrote your name in the sand,
我把你的名字写在沙滩,
but the waves washed it away.
可浪却把它冲散。
I wrote your name in my heart,
我把你的名字写在心间,
and forever it will stay.
它就留在那里,永远永远。
I wrote your name in the sand,
我把你的名字写在沙滩,
but the waves washed it away.
可浪却把它冲散。
I wrote your name in the sky,
我把你的名字写在蓝天,
but the wind blew it away.
可风却把它吹散。
I wrote your name in my heart,
我把你的名字写在心间,
and forever it will stay.
它就永远留在那里。
If music be the food of love, play on;
假如音乐是爱情的食粮,那么奏下去吧;
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting the appetite may sicken, and so die.
尽量地奏下去,好让爱情因过饱噎塞而死。
That strain again! it had a dying fall.
又奏起这个调子来了!它有一种渐渐消沉下去的节奏。
O, it came o'er my ear like the sweet sound, that breathes upon a bank of violets, stealing and giving odour!
啊!它经过我的耳畔,就像微风吹拂一丛紫罗兰,发出轻柔的声音,一面把花香偷走,一面又把花香分送。
Enough, no more. Tis not so sweet now as it was before.
够了!别再奏下去了!它现在已经不像原来那样甜蜜了。
O spirit of love! How quick and fresh art thou, that, not with standing thy capacity receiveth as the sea, nought enters there, of what validity and pitch soe'er, but falls into abatement and low price, even in a minute.
爱情的精灵呀!你是多么敏感而活泼;虽然你有海―样的容量,可是无论怎样高贵超越的事物,一进了你的范围,便会在顷刻间失去了它的价值。
So full of shapes is fancy that it alone is high fantastical.
爱情是这样充满了意象,在一切事物中是最富于幻想的。
William Shakespeare
威廉·莎士比亚
My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun; Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
我情妇的眼睛一点不像太阳;珊瑚比她的嘴唇还要红得多:
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun; If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
雪若算白,她的胸就暗褐无光,发若是铁丝,她头上铁丝婆娑。
I have seen roses damask'd, red and white, but no such roses see I in her cheeks;
我见过红白的玫瑰,轻纱一般;她颊上却找不到这样的玫瑰;
And in some perfumes is there more delight than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
有许多芳香非常逗引人喜欢,我情妇的呼吸并没有这香味。
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know that music hath a far more pleasing sound;
我爱听她谈话,可是我很清楚音乐的悦耳远胜于她的嗓子;
I grant I never saw a goddess go; My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground:
我承认从没有见过女神走路,我情妇走路时候却脚踏实地:
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare as any she belied with false compare.
可是,我敢指天发誓,我的爱侣胜似任何被捧作天仙的美女。
Had we but world enough, and time, this coyness, Lady, were no crime.
如果我们的世界够大,时间够多,小姐,这样的羞怯就算不上罪过。
We would sit down and think which way to walk and pass our long love's day.
我们会坐下来,想想该上哪边去散步,度过我们漫漫的爱情天。
Thou by the Indian Ganges' side shouldst rubies find: I by the tide of Humber would complain.
你会在印度的恒河河畔寻得红宝石:我则咕哝抱怨,傍着洪泊湾的潮汐。
I would Love you ten years before the Flood, and you should, if you please, refuse till the conversion of the Jews.
我会在诺亚洪水前十年就将你爱,你如果高兴,可以一直说不要,直到犹太人改信别的宗教。
My vegetable love should grow Vaster than empires, and more slow;
我植物般的爱情会不断生长,比帝国还要辽阔,还要缓慢;
An hundred years should go to praise thine eyes and on thy forehead gaze;
我会用一百年的时间赞美你的眼睛,凝视你的额眉;
Two hundred to adore each breast; But thirty thousand to the rest;
花两百年爱慕你的每个乳房,三万年才赞赏完其它的地方;
An age at least to every part, and the last age should show your heart;
每个部位至少花上一个世代,在最后一世代才把你的心秀出来。
For Lady, you deserve this state, nor would I love at lower rate.
因为,小姐,你值得这样的礼遇,我也不愿用更低的格调爱你。
But at my back I always hear Time's winged chariot hurrying near; And yonder all before us lie Deserts of vast eternity.
可是在我背后我总听见时间带翼的马车急急追赶;而横陈在我们眼前的却是无垠永恒的荒漠。
Thy beauty shall no more be found, Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound My echoing song:
你的美绝不会再现芳踪,你大理石墓穴里,我的歌声也不会回荡:
Then worms shall try That long preserved virginity, And your quaint honour turn to dust, and into ashes all my lust:
那时蛆虫将品尝你那珍藏己久的贞操,你的矜持会化成灰尘,我的情欲会变成灰烬:
The grave's a fine and private place, but none, I think, do there embrace.
坟墓是个隐密的好地方,但没人会在那里拥抱,我想。
Now therefore, while the youthful hue sits on thy skin like morning dew, and while thy willing soul transpires at every pore with instant fires.
因此,现在趁青舂色泽还像朝露在你的肌肤停坐,趁你的灵魂自每个毛孔欣然散发出实时的火焰。
Now let us sport us while we may, and now, like amorous birds of prey, rather at once our time devour thanlanguish in his slow-chapt power.
此刻让我们能玩就玩个尽兴;此刻,像发情的猛禽宁可一口把我们的时光吞掉,也不要在慢嚼的嘴里虚耗。
Let us roll all our strength and all our sweetness up into one ball, and tear our pleasures with rough strife thorough the iron gates of life:
让我们把所有力气,所有甜蜜,滚成一个圆球,粗鲁狂猛地夺取我们的快感冲破一扇扇人生的铁栅栏:
Thus, though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.
这样,我们虽无法叫太阳驻足,却可使他奔跑向前。
When You are Old by W.B YEATS
当你年老时,叶芝
When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
当你年老,鬓斑,睡意昏沉,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
在炉旁打盹时,取下这本书,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;
慢慢诵读,梦忆从前你双眸,神色柔和,眼波中倒影深深;
How many loved your moments of glad grace,
多少人爱你风韵妩媚的时光,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
爱你的美丽出自假意或真情,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
但唯有一人爱你灵魂的至诚,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face;
爱你渐衰的脸上愁苦的风霜;
And bending down beside the glowing bars,
弯下身子,在炽红的壁炉边,
Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fled
忧伤地低诉,爱神如何逃走,
And paced upon the mountains overhead
在头顶上的群山巅漫步闲游,
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.
把他的面孔隐没在繁星中间。
by W.B.Yeats
叶芝
A sudden blow: the great wings beating still above the staggering girl,
劲风掠过:巨大翅膀在挣扎的女孩身体上
her thighs caressed by the dark webs,
无声翕张,黑色翼爪摸她的双腿,
her nape caught in his bill,
巨喙叼她的颈项,
He holds her helpless breast upon his breast.
他箍紧她无助的胸脯,贴上了自己的胸膛。
How can those terrified vague fingers push
她惊惧犹疑的手指
The feathered glory from her loosening thighs?
怎能推开松开的双腿间羽饰的荣耀?
And how can body, laid in that white rush,
白灯心草上放倒的躯体
But feel the strange heart beating where it lies?
又怎能抗拒这奇异的心跳?
A shudder in the loins engenders there
这腰间的一耸
The broken wall, the burning roof and tower
只见那断了的墙垣,那燃起的穹顶和塔
And Agamemnon dead.
那阿伽门农死掉。
Being so caught up,
如此的蹂躏与征服
So mastered by the brute blood of the air,
就来自他天上的兽性魔血。
Did she put on his knowledge with his power
在被冷漠的鸟嘴放下之前
Before the indifferent beak could let her drop?
她汲取了他那充满力量的头脑?
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
停止所有的时钟,切断电话
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
给狗一块浓汁的骨头,让他别叫
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
黯哑了钢琴,随着低沉的鼓
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.
抬出灵怄,让哀悼者前来。
Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
让直升机在头顶悲旋
Scribbling on the sky the message 'He is Dead'.
在天空狂草着信息他已逝去,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
把黑纱系在信鸽的白颈,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.
让交通员戴上黑色的手套。
He was my North, my South, my East and West,
他曾经是我的东,我的西,我的南,我的北,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
我的工作天,我的休息日,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
我的正午,我的夜半,我的话语,我的歌吟,
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.
我以为爱可以不朽:我错了。
The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
不再需要星星,把每一颗都摘掉,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
把月亮包起,拆除太阳,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
倾泻大海,扫除森林;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
因为什么也不会,再有意味。
Your feedback is valuable to us. Should you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality or other problems, please email us on [email protected] or join Moon.FM Telegram Group where you can talk directly to the dev team who are happy to answer any queries.